-->

Sunday 7 February 2016

"Ziggy" - Fuzz, Further development and Colour comps


On Phil's recommendation that I utilise tools like Sketchbook and Illustrator I've become determined to clear my linework up. Here's some more development on Fuzz, I went with shape number 5 in my previous post, as many, and myself agreed it was conveying what I wanted best.


Firstly I experimented with Fuzz's face a little, trying to get a sense of his different expressions, particularly the ones that would be of use within the animatic. Then, I began to work on the space suit that Fuzz would wear inside the shuttle. So, to begin, I looked at reference images of Buzz Aldrin on the Apollo 11 flights and tried to apply a similar costume on the silhouette I had.




Then I began to experiment with different colour choices based on the reference images, with a couple of divergent colours thrown in for good measure. I'm quite fond of number 1 and 3 as they are in keeping within the aesthetics of the time period "Ziggy" is set in. 


















Any suggestions welcomed of course!

Cheers,

Crouch.

4 comments:

  1. I like 3 the most, maybe try adding some patterns or stripes or variations in colour within the white outfit (I think red and blue might work if you want to play on that 'American' feel)? I like 1 too but I feel like he looks too much like a doctor/surgeon but that's just my opinion. He looks really friendly which I like ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes! Maybe the flag on the side of his arm? I'm sure they actually had that at some point :) I'll have a play about shortly.

      I see what you mean about the blue. From a far it does look as if he's wearing surgeons garb.

      Thank you very much though. I'm glad the friendliness is coming through.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Deanna, 3's for me but at the minute he looks more like a technician so maybe adding in more extra tidbit details like stripes etc to give him a more astonaut-y look? Have a look at real astronauts without the space suit on for a lil more idea and reference :)

    ReplyDelete