-->

Monday 8 February 2016

Life drawing update, the ninth!






I got to try out my new chalk pencils this session, which I was mightily impressed with, I tried to push what I was doing last week a bit further, as Vicky mentioned that I should try to keep the picture going. So with that In mind I decided it was high time I got to grips with negative space, and weight. I think I've got closer to being happy with the results.



And I really do enjoy using those chalk pencils. Next time I might try blending them with a water pencil to see where that gets me.

And yeah, that's Peter O'Toole at the bottom, we were given the task of drawing faces towards the end of the session, Ones that were expressive. So I picked this...



...as I'm incredibly fond of this still from Lawrence of Arabia.

4 comments: