-->

Friday 29 January 2016

Ziggy - Character development


In partly basing my story on that of Laika's, I wanted to keep Ziggy relatively similar in terms of breed, So I gathered images of Laika and began to do rough sketches, firstly trying to get used to the shapes at play and secondly to develop a style that I wanted to stick with. Laika was a mongrel and so I've gone for a slightly scruffy almost scrappy design, as I'm trying to make a distinction between Ziggy and characters like Bolt.

I then began to play about with the shapes, trying to imbue Ziggy with some form of innocence, but also a confidence. I think I have achieved that in some of these. Inkeeping with the idea of

I'm keen to explore the idea further, perhaps trying to achieve a stylised realism in the way Ziggy, and his world will be realised, as the animation is basically an alternate timeline story it just makes a lot of sense to keep things grounded in reality. I'm going to carry on experimenting with faces but I feel like I'm going in the right direction with some of these, particularly the final two images (Ziggy in his suit - not the final design - and Ziggy in his undersuit). I'm looking at official images of both Laika and the Apollo missions to maintain the aesthetics I'm aiming for.

Back to work!

Cheers,

Crouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment