-->

Monday 23 April 2018

Major Project - Taste - Further outfit development for Joe


After deciding that I was progressing in a direction that didn't reflect my wants for the project again, I took a different approach to drawing the shape of the body. Opting for a more angular look that would really help to create this angular look when working from the orthographics in Maya. So I employed the lasso tool and proceeded to shape the body and outfit over a series of versions. Starting in a place that was fairly abstract and straight, and ending in a place that maintained a bit of shape to the legs in particular. 
This was a fairly long process and actually involved a back and forth between Maya when I discovered that certain shapes looked terribly close to drinking straws, and just looked a bit silly. I am in favour of where I ended up with this, despite having to go through a few different trouser shapes to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment