-->

Monday 23 April 2018

Major Project - Taste - Character influence maps.


I knew early on that I wanted to do some form of work in 3D as opposed to making 2D rigs, but I wasn't deterred by that stipulation, still seeking out inspiration in mainly 2D areas. In many ways, I wanted to utilise a clean and simple art style that would be easy to produce, in order to test out whether this would be a viable methodology for creating perhaps weekly content if this were to become some form of "show". 

It has definitely been important to me to maintain a simplistic style, but still allow for visual interest as there will need to be some complexity in order to visually engage the audience through this largely sitting conversation. This of course will be partly achieved through varying shots to keep things moving, but I also need the characters to be complex enough to carry the viewer through too.

I looked at things that varied in their complexity and largely settled on images present in this second influence map, as they retain a simplicity that still looks pleasing, as well as showcases the possibilities of 3D design that looks 2D. An idea that I later progress with.


2 comments: