-->

Saturday 21 January 2017

Pipeline 1 - UV Layout - Head and Head Details 01


If your mesh ends up looking like that when you get to the 8 minute mark in the first UV tutorial, don't lose your head as I did! I worked out that you need to untick "Prevent triangle flips" and crank the iterations up to 10 to prevent the mesh from warping.


I'm hoping that this is isolated to me, but I figured I'd post the way I fixed it just in case anyone else ran into the same issue. I have no idea why it happened, but I'm happy that mine looks like the video now. Hopefully I haven't inadvertently broken something in the process.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe. Whilst that would fix it there is likely something wrong with your mesh to begin with. Pop in a some point with it and I'll take a look. If you carry on and there is a problem it will make skinning a problem too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alan, Thank you, I'll bring the file next week. I'll try to get as far as I can until then. Fingers crossed.

      Delete