-->

Tuesday 1 March 2016

Fantastic Voyage - Antibiotic development

Here's a few developed thumbnails for my antibiotics. I've tried to keep the uniform colours quite traditional and true to life.

I'll be doing a few more of these, and perhaps settling on a "hero" antibiotic, that could perhaps serve as a narrator during the course of the animation. Personally I feel like there should be a few more of these guys with huge mustaches.

I'll have some environment thumbnails to share tonight, so stay tuned for those.

4 comments:

  1. I like these! But re. Maya, what's your strategy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about keeping the geometry quite simple, and as Mark said below, strategically hiding aspects of them to minimise on what actually has to be modelled/animated.

      I was also hoping to use the technique Simon taught us where the texture is animated, so instead of any geometry on the faces, they would just have flat animated textures. But, I'm hoping that in itself isn't too time consuming. And I also need to brush up on how that is done.

      Delete
  2. If there's going to be lots of these in your scenes, you could try seeing how simple you can make them before they no longer resemble your source - remove the arms, maybe we only see their eyes behind their coats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good shout Mark :) I'll give it a go and see what happens.

      Delete