-->

Monday 6 February 2017

Adaptation A - Developing an art style


This weekend has all been about determining what sort of aesthetic I want to use in my infographic. As such I've tested out a few different simple styles based off of the influence map, in accordance with what assets I actually need.

As it stands I need Obi-Wan, A clone trooper, George Lucas and most of Qui-Gon-Jinn as they feature prominently in the infographic.

I decided to go with a sort of simplified 'chibi' style in the end as I knew that I wanted everything to be kind of cutesy, whilst also being graphical and simple.

Below is a mockup in illustrator (which I've elected to use this project, having never used it an awful lot before)

Now it's all together, I'm starting to feel a little better about my chances. The voiceover is ready and awaiting the art. I'm currently watching a slew of lynda tutorials on after effects and illustrator, so already this project has benefited me. Time to get the rest done! 

2 comments:

  1. I like the style you went for, digging that Obi-wan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pleases me! :)
      Looks like it could be a toy...

      Delete